By: Stephanie Clookey
This month's MET-Fit Member Feature is Audrey Boyd. Audrey is a long-time member and a MET-Fit super star. She is always challenging herself and others to up the intensity of every MET-Fit class. Audrey attended MET-Fit throughout her entire pregnancy, and she is currently training for her first olympic weightlifting meet 6 months post-partum. To top it all off, last month she got her first strict pull up! There's so much to brag about when it comes to Audrey, and we are so grateful she’s a part of our community!
- Tell us a little about yourself! (work, family, hobbies). I’m 34 and a stay at home mom, have been married to a hottie named David for 12 years and we have 4 kiddos, Gemma 8, Makael 7, Esme 4, and Miller 6 months. I was born and raised until the age of 12 in Mexico (the country), so Central America still feels like home in a lot of ways. I enjoy running, entertaining, finding new rooms to decorate/update, salsa dancing and wine :)
- What brought you to MET-Fitness?My husband and I did some personal training sessions with Mason years ago, so he reached out to us when he first started offering his group classes. We’ve been faithful clients ever since.
- What are a few of your personal goals that you hope to accomplish here?I want to continue to get stronger and improve my technique. I’m hoping to compete in my first Olympic weightlifting meet this winter without completely embarrassing myself.
- What has been something you've enjoyed about METFitness? I love group MET-Fit training! It’s always a great group of people that push and cheer each other on. Even during a killer workout there are lots of laughs. I’ve met some of my best friends through the group training.
- What is something you've struggled with since joining? Overhead stuff!! I’m still pretty intimidated by snatches. There is so much technique involved and for me there is also a mental battle.
- Who is someone who motivates you in the gym? Do you have a fitness inspiration/motivation - if so, who?Oh lots of people! The coaches are huge motivators...no matter how much I complain! I also really love watching members of the weightlifting team. There is a really wide range of ages (10-50+), and I find them all very inspiring. There’s a lot of talent in that group.
- What is a fun fact about yourself you'd like to share?I’m a Leap Year baby, so technically only 8 years old. #foreveryoung